University of Sarajevo marks the Erasmus Days
As part of the celebration of Erasmus Day throughout Europe (13-15 October 2022), the International Relations Office of the University of Sarajevo organized an information session on 13 October 2022, where it presented the Erasmus+ program with a focus on international mobility, the application procedure and currently open calls. Due to the great interest of students and staff, the session was held in an online format.
After presenting information about the program, students who recently returned from mobility were given the opportunity to give their Erasmus experience:
- Benjamin Velić, from the Faculty of Pharmacy, resided at Altinbaş University, Turkey
- Ajdin Bećirović, from the Faculty of Economics, stayed at the University of Economics and Business in Vienna, Austria
- Sead Sirćo, from the Faculty of Law, stayed at the University of Barcelona, Spain
- Nejra Gorančić from the Academy of Fine Arts stayed at the Jan Matejko Academy of Fine Arts, Poland
- Lamija Čizmić, from the Faculty of Political Sciences, stayed at Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic
- Dijana Kiso, from the Faculty of Civil Engineering, studied at the Polytechnic Institute in Leiria, Portugal.
Students presented their experience through a short presentation about the motivation to apply, depart, studying at a foreign university. They said the Erasmus experience helped them get out of their comfort zone and become independent, especially in managing finances and the budget. The very change in environment forced them to constantly adapt to various situations that influenced their development and thinking. They made many international friends and emphasized that you are never alone with Erasmus.
The events of the UNSA International relations Office, Staff week and the 12th scholarship fair were also presented at this information session.
Erasmus Days is an event that celebrates and promotes the Erasmus+ program in Europe and beyond for three days in October. This is a unique opportunity to organize an event, share the Erasmus experience or spread the word about an Erasmus project. In 2021, as many as 5,670 events were held in 67 countries, including the University of Sarajevo!